TERMS OF SERVICE
By using the Instructional Design Genius.com website (“Website”), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”).
Instructional Design Genius reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Website, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Website after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time by visiting this page.
Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your Account. While Instructional Design Genius prohibits such conduct and Content on the Website, you understand and agree that Instructional Design Genius cannot be responsible for the Content posted on the Website and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials. You agree to use the Website at your own risk.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
- You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- Your login may only be used by one person – a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted. You may create separate logins for as many people as your plan allows.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. Instructional Design Genius cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all Content posted and activity that occurs under your account (even when Content is posted by others who have accounts under your account).
- One person or legal entity may not maintain more than trial account.
- You may not use the Website for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Website, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
Payment, Refunds, Upgrading and Downgrading Terms
- A valid credit card is required for paying accounts. Trial accounts do not require a credit card number.
- The use of the Website is billed in advance on a monthly basis and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account. In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties.
- For any upgrade or downgrade in plan level, the credit card that you provided will automatically be charged the new rate on your next billing cycle.
- Downgrading any options on the Website may cause the loss of Content, features, or capacity of your Account. Instructional Design Genius does not accept any liability for such loss.
Cancellation and Termination
- You are solely responsible for properly cancelling your account. An email or phone request to cancel your account is not considered cancellation. The Account screen provides a simple no questions asked cancellation link.
- If you cancel your subscription before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will take effect by the end of your current paid month and you will not be charged again.
- Instructional Design Genius, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Website for any reason at any time. Such termination of your subscription will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all content in your Account. Instructional Design Genius reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- Instructional Design Genius reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Prices of all services, including but not limited to monthly subscription plan fees to the Website, are subject to change upon 30 days notice. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Website itself.
- Instructional Design Genius shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Website.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Website. Your profile and materials uploaded remain yours.
- Instructional Design Genius does not pre-screen Content, but Instructional Design Genius and its designee have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Website.
- Your use of the Website is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- Technical support is only provided to paying account holders and is only available via email.
- You understand that Instructional Design Genius uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Website.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Website or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Website.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Website, use of the Website, or access to the Website without the express written permission by Instructional Design Genius.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- We retain the right to contact you from time-to-time via email. You can remove yourself easily from the related communication list.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Instructional Design Genius customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Website, including your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMSs, or “spam” messages.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- Instructional Design Genius does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the Website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Website will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that Instructional Design Genius shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the Website.
- The failure of Instructional Design Genius to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and Instructional Design Genius and govern your use of the Website, superseding any prior agreements between you and Instructional Design Genius (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
Instructional Design Genius is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this information.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• Contact information including email address and phone number.
• IP Address.
• Other information relevant to customer download, use and participation of the Instructional Design Genius website.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Communicating with you.
• Invoicing, purchase a product or service.
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
• We will never sell your information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Instructional Design Genius 100 East Broad St. Suite 2350, Columbus, Ohio 43215.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at [email protected] We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.